Bringing A Kitten Home
Tips for bringing a new kitten home and settling them as quickly as possible.
Here are a few pointers on welcoming your new family member:
- Bring your kitten homeat the start of a weekend. This means you’ll be able to spend more time with your pet and she can meet everybody.
- Ask your breeder not to feed your kittenbefore you pick her up. This will prevent kittens feeling car sick on the way to their new home.
- Give your pet her first meal after she is settled into her new home. This way, kittens will learn to depend on you.
- For the first few days, leave your kitten in a quiet place and slowly introduce her to the other rooms in your house.
- Introduce your kitten to as many people as possible. This helps kittens lessen their fear of strangers.
- Choose a name for your kittenand start using it often. Always call her by name when you feed her so she becomes familiar with it.
Learning as much as possible about yournew kitten is the best first step to a long and rewarding relationship.
Why do dogs eat grass?